Consultation with Children and Young People with SEND
Teachers/SENCO and Support Staff will work with children and young people to identify the support needed to meet agreed outcomes. The provision is planned and interventions are allocated to individual needs. Observations of children are taken into account to assess the child’s well-being and engagement with the outcomes, as the children are usually too young to express their own opinion.
Consultation with parents and carers of children and young people with SEND
We are committed to working with parents and carers to identify their child’s needs and support. Parents and carers will be involved throughout the process.
There is a range of ways this can be done, for example:
- Termly parents/ carers meetings
- Ongoing discussions with a keyworker/Deputy Headteacher and/or SENCO
- An ‘open-door’ policy, where parents and carers are welcome to come into school to discuss any concerns they may have
- Through regular reviews of their child’s SEN Support Plan/ EHC Plan
- Through parental workshops/open days
- Through daily diaries