SENCO and SEN Staff
Our SENCO is Mrs Carole Scott.
More details of the SENCO’s role can be found in the SEN Policy which you can find in the School Policies section of our website.
External Specialists and Other Bodies
The school enjoys good working relationships with a wide range of people who provide services to children with SEND and their families.
The external specialists may:
- Act in an advisory capacity
- Extend expertise of school staff
- Provide additional assessment
- Support a child directly
- Suggest statutory assessment is advisable
- Consult with all parties involved with the child
- Durham County Council Local Offer
- Durham SEND Information, Advice and Support Service
- Educational Psychology Consultants
- Speech & Language Consultants
- Occupational Therapists
- Early Years Team
How We Secure Specialist Expertise
We allocate funds from our school budget or through our Community of Learning to secure specialist advice.
Sometimes this funding is used to provide additional support, train staff or provide additional specialist resources.
If a child has complex special educational needs we could also receive through an application panel additional staffing through the LA Outreach staff.